Careers with the City
We are on our way to being the best mid-sized City in North America, thanks to the dedication and the commitment of our employees. The City is a competitive employer with many benefits to offer. Career advancement, professional development, progressive employment practices and a competitive compensation and benefits package with a focus on workplace wellness are just a few.
We have a variety of positions within the organization, requiring many different levels of skills and education. We are a leader in technology and business practices, where people are working together for the success of the City. We hire employees on the basis of merit, we're committed to equality and we provide open access and opportunity for employment.
We are updating our recruitment site in late October!
Applicants will be happy to hear:
- The system will be more user friendly and easier to navigate
- You will be able to set up and save your account information and related documents in advance of job opportunities you see and want to apply for
- Cover Letters can be written in Word right in the system
- You can reset your own password directly online
What do returning applicants need to know about the transition to the new system?
- You will need to create a new applicant profile to apply for jobs posted in late October
- Resumes and supporting documents (Drivers Abstract, certificates, etc.) will not be moved into the new system
- You may want to go into the existing system and:
- print the Applicant Status screen in order to save a list of jobs you have previously applied for
- print or save any documents attached to previous applications that are stored in the system
Connect with us on social media